Re: help setup

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: help setup
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:45:51 -0700

On Nov 11, 2009, at 1:51 PM, Domonique Dixon wrote:

I need some help setting up this software for Windows XP. I'm kind of new to this so please give me very basic and general directions to installing and running this software.

You should download the Windows installers from here:

http://www.gnustep.org/experience/Windows.html

gnustep-system-0.23.0-setup.exe
gnustep-core-0.23.0-setup.exe

The you probably want to download and install some applications (ProjectCenter, Gorm, whatever you want). Make sure to put them in a directory with out spaces (like your GNUstep home directory: C:/ GNUstep/home/myname)

and then start up a shell to install them. From the START Menu:

Programs -> GNUstep -> Shell

Then:

cd the_correct_directory_where_you_put_the_downloaded_files
tar -zxf Gorm.tar.gz
cd Gorm
make install