help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] gnutls-srpcrypt creates an empty tpasswd.

From: Hiroshi Hayakawa
Subject: [Help-gnutls] gnutls-srpcrypt creates an empty tpasswd.
Date: 09 Jun 2003 17:12:02 +0900

Hi all,

I just tried using gnutls-0.8.7 on RedHat 9.0.
That has been compiled successfully with libtasn1-0.1.2,
libgcrypt-1.1.12 and opencdk-0.4.5.

After installing all stuffs under /usr/local as the default,
I used gnutls-srpcrypt to generate tpasswd.conf and tpasswd.

Here below are what I did:
>gnutls-srpcrypt --create-conf ./tpasswd.conf

>gnutls-srpcrypt --passwd ./tpasswd --passwd-conf ./tpasswd.conf -u test
Enter passwd: (I entered a string here.)
Segmentation fault

This created an empty ./tpasswd and ./tpasswd.tmp.
Then I tried it again.

>gnutls-srpcrypt --passwd ./tpasswd --passwd-conf ./tpasswd.conf -u test
Enter passwd: (I entered a string here.)
file './tpasswd' is locked

This time, I did not get "Segmentation fault".
But ./tpasswd was same, empty. (No change on the timestamp)

Does anybody have this kind of problems before?
Any information and suggestion on this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hiro