help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] gnutls_dh_params_generate2() leaks file descriptor to

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] gnutls_dh_params_generate2() leaks file descriptor to /dev/urandom?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:03:03 +0200

Christian Parpart wrote:
Hi all,

I'm valgrinding my application since a few days, and also ran into a file descriptor leak within gnutls_dh_params_generate2();

The following fragment is the backtrace generated by valgrind at the time of where the file descriptor has been allocated in:
[...]
Well, is there anything I need to call as cleanup routine? Or why is it holding a link up to /dev/urandom all the runtime over and w/o closing at shutdown?

As far as I remember this is normal libgcrypt behaviour. Some structures never get deinitialized. But to be sure I'd suggest to forward your mail to the libgcrypt-dev list.

Nikos