help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] Re: avoiding signals completely

From: Daniel Stenberg
Subject: [Help-gnutls] Re: avoiding signals completely
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:48:25 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Simon Josefsson wrote:

Hi! I believe the design here is that GnuTLS should use the socket and the send function as-is, and if that isn't acceptable, you can write a replacement for send (which may simply be a dummy function that call send with an additional flag) and tell GnuTLS to use it by calling gnutls_transport_set_push_function. So you can achieve what you want today by using these hooks.

Aha, I hadn't paid enough attention and gnutls_transport_set_push_function() had slipped my mind. Thanks a lot for pointing it out to me.

I guess this also makes GnuTLS totally ignore the socket I set to it with gnutls_transport_set_ptr() so that I can instead pass my own private struct to the callback by using that function (I mean if I change both push and pull)?