help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] Certificate verification when using OpenPGP certificates

From: Matthias Wimmer
Subject: [Help-gnutls] Certificate verification when using OpenPGP certificates
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:26:02 +0100

Hi!

Is there any example or documentation how to do certificate verification, if the peer used an OpenPGP key to authenticate? The OpenPGP example distributed with GnuTLS (ex-serv-pgp.c) does not do any verification.

I guess that I have to use gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2() first and if that succeeds, all that is left to do is to check if the OpenPGP key contains one ID that matches what I expect the peer to be. Do I have to check anything else? E.g. expiration of the key (as I would have to do with X.509 certificates, but there does not seem to be a function for that) or the self signature of the key (I'd expect that this might already been done by gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2())?

Matthias