help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] Assertion failure advice

From: David Given
Subject: [Help-gnutls] Assertion failure advice
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 23:50:27 +0100

My program, which uses gnutls, is very occasionally crashing for no apparent
reason. After much effort (running it in a screen session for two weeks...)
I've finally managed to get some tracing:

spey: ath.c:184: _gcry_ath_mutex_lock: Assertion `*lock == ((ath_mutex_t) 0)'
failed.

This appears to be an assertion failure inside gnutls. I can tell from the
rest of the tracing that it's happening inside a call to gnutls_handshake().

Does anyone know what this might be signifying? It doesn't seem to be my
fault, but I have had very little experience driving the GNUTLS API and I
could easily be getting something wrong. It looks like a mutex failure, but
while my program is multithreaded, I'm using a unique session object per
socket, so I wouldn't have thought this would apply.

The actual code is in the Socket::makesecure() function here:

http://spey.cvs.sourceforge.net/spey/spey/src/Socket.cc?revision=1.12&view=markup

...line 272. Any advice gratefully appreciated.

--
┌── dg@cowlark.com ─── http://www.cowlark.com ───────────────────
│ "Parents let children ride bicycles on the street. But parents do not