help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] Re: trac.gnutls.org

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [Help-gnutls] Re: trac.gnutls.org
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:42:55 +0200

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu 2008-04-03 06:42:02 -0400, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>> We definitely could use help with trac.gnutls.org.  Btw, do you know
>> a good way to deal with trac-spam?  Right now I remove it manually
>> when I noticed it but that doesn't scale well, and I'm pretty sure I
>> fail to catch some spam.
>
> Sigh.  Spammers suck.

Indeed, and now they have found trac.gnutls.org big time.  Sigh.  Would
you (or anyone else on this list) have time to help administrate a trac
installation?  Can anyone sponsor a xen instance to host this?

Or if we can collect funds to buy a commercial VPS.  I can get a fixed
IP debian 128MB/5GB instance with 50GB/month network from glesys.se for
79 SEK (around 9 EUR or 14 USD).  I have good experience with them.
Anyone knows of better deals with good uptime etc?

> smtp_always_cc = address@hidden

Thanks for configuration hints...

>> Do you know a trac hosting site, so that someone else takes care of
>> the low-level trac administration?  I'd ideally want to find someone
>> else to host or co-maintain trac.gnutls.org because it steals my
>> time from more important things.  The reason we aren't using
>> savannah for everything is that I need a gnutls-related wiki.
>> Savannah doesn't have roadmap or timeline pages either, as far as I
>> understand.  And I kind of like the simplicity of the trac
>> interface.
>
> Understood.  The trac interface is one of the cleaner ones out there.
>
> I collaborate with May First/People Link [2], which is a membership
> organization that assists its members with internet work.  There has
> been some discussion at MF/PL recently about making it simpler to
> support members' use of trac [3].  If gnutls.org was a member of
> MF/PL, it could get the support of that organization, which at the
> moment includes trac 0.11b1, fwict.
>
> Alternately, i can take a look at your current trac setup -- i can't
> promise to offer long-term support right now, but it looks like an
> environment i'm comfortable with, if my snooping is correct: it's
> hosted on kniv, which appears (from the ssh greeting string and the
> Server: HTTP response headers) to be running debian etch.  If you'd
> like me to poke around and see what makes sense, please let me know.
>
> Perhaps most simply, if you want me to help monitor trac.gnutls.org
> for spam, i'd just need a trac login with privileges to be able to
> delete suspect comments or revert wiki edits.  I dunno how yer giving
> those out, but i figure since i'm following the RSS feed anyway, i
> could make myself useful if you want me to.

Thanks for your offer!  Right now kniv runs some unrelated stuff that I
don't want to expose, so the first step would be to find a better host
for this where we can give people accounts.

/Simon