help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] gnutls with unix domain (local) sockets

From: Arturo Martinez Rubio
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] gnutls with unix domain (local) sockets
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:44:49 +0300

Well, basically the benefit is that UNIX sockets are supposed to have better performance that TCP sockets. In my specific case, the applications which will communicate using TLS are running in the same machine.

Thanks for your answer,
Arturo

2008/9/29 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <address@hidden>
Arturo Martinez Rubio wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone know if gnutls works over unix domain sockets?
> For example:
>
> sock = socket(PF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
> gnutls_transport_set_ptr(session, sock);

It does. What would be the benefit of such an operation though?