help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] Re: OpenLDAP related flaw in GnuTLS

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [Help-gnutls] Re: OpenLDAP related flaw in GnuTLS
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:24:10 +0100

I'm moving this to address@hidden as it isn't really developer
related.

Bejoy Abraham Mathews <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi

> have been trying to setup OpenLDAP+GnuTLS. But not that successful.
> Could someone guide me on this or some link? In the meanwhile I am
> trying my best to set it up still...

I haven't used OpenLDAP with GnuTLS, so I cannot help.  If you post what
kind of GnuTLS-related problems you have, we could try to help.

> Hope these two complaints on gnutls, have been looked into, in the latest
> versions
> 1. http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200802/msg00072.html

Yes, this was addressed in v2.6.0 by adding
gnutls_x509_crt_set_subject_alt_name.  OpenLDAP needs to be modified to
use it though.

> 2.
> http://rustykruffle.com/2008/07/17/ultimate-home-server-ldap-gnutls-nightmare/.

I didn't find any concrete problem in that article...

/Simon