help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] BIO_s_mem Replacement in GnuTLS

From: Carolin Latze
Subject: [Help-gnutls] BIO_s_mem Replacement in GnuTLS
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 16:34:29 +0200

Hi all,

I am trying to port an application from OpenSSL to GnuTLS (in oder to get TLS 1.2 support). I found the following line in the application:

state->into_ssl = BIO_new(BIO_s_mem());
state->from_ssl = BIO_new(BIO_s_mem());

As BIOs are usually just fds I thought I could easily replace them, but those are special. The BIO_s_mem man page says:

BIO_s_mem() return the memory BIO method function.

A memory BIO is a source/sink BIO which uses memory for its I/O. Data written to a memory BIO is stored in a BUF_MEM structure which is extended as appropriate to accommodate the stored data.

Is there anything like that in GnuTLS? Or should I rewrite it to use normal fds? (Or did I just misunderstand something? ;-))

Cheers
Carolin