help-gnutls

RE: Memory leaks are observed for libgnutls in multi-thread mode

From: tangtong
Subject: RE: Memory leaks are observed for libgnutls in multi-thread mode
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 05:27:52 +0000

Hi,Nikos
I have rebuilt the lib with the latest daily snap shot and the GIT snapshot commited by you, the memory leak and core issue have been resolved.

One more question: in your commit comments:
"3. In TLS 1.2 when a certificate request is sent, support is not complete. In that case abort the handshake. By checking
TLS 1.2 it seems that the algorithms to be used for the signature in the certificate verify message are negotiated not at
the client/server hello messages but rather selected by the server at the certificate request. This might not look as bad, but since in this message we have to sign all previous handshake messages, it forces us to keep all the handshake messages into a buffer until this point... I don't know who proposed this change to the TLS WG, but it seems it wasn't really thought of."

If client certificate is not needed, the current implemenation can support TLS1.2, right?

Regards
Tony