help-gnutls

Unencrypted connection?

From: Borislav Trifonov
Subject: Unencrypted connection?
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:16:54 -0800

I'm interested in using gnutls both for secure communication, but also as a
cross-platform wrapper (Linux+Windows) for my unencrypted sockets use, so I
don't have to write one myself.  I'm wondering if it's possible to have an
unencrypted connection, would it be say using GNUTLS_CIPHER_NULL, and also any
detriments to doing that.

I'm using the http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/ port for Windows.  However, I
can't build the examples since tcp.c includes *nix headers not present on
Windows... I'm a bit confused, does that mean the examples aren't ported?

Also, is it possible to use UDP instead of TCP?

Thanks