help-gnutls

Re: Problems handling X.509 certificates

From: lfinsto
Subject: Re: Problems handling X.509 certificates
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:11:49 +0100 (CET)

Laurence Finston wrote:

> One reason I wanted to try verifying a certificate chain using the library
> functions was because of a problem I'm having with the actual certificates
> I need to use.  Verification works in the client and server programs when
> I use certificates generated by `certtool', but it fails when I use my
> certificate from the DFN (Deutsches Forschungsnetz
> (http://www.pki.dfn.de/index.php?id=gridroot) and its root certificate.
> However, it does work to verify them using `certtool -e'.  Does anyone
> have an idea what the reason for this could be?

Never mind, I found the problem:  I had extracted the private key using
`openssl pkcs12 -nocerts -in usercred.p12 -out userkey.pem' so that key
was encrypted.  It worked after I extracted an unencrypted key using the
`-nodes' option.

Thanks,

Laurence

Laurence Finston
Gesellschaft fuer wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen

Telefon:        +49 551 201-1882
E-Mail:         address@hidden