help-gnutls

Re: Setting gnutls to use nettle instead of libgcrypt

From: Brad Hards
Subject: Re: Setting gnutls to use nettle instead of libgcrypt
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 11:08:15 +1000

On Saturday 30 July 2011 10:52:45 Totony wrote:
> I'm using gnutls version 2.12.7-2 and nettle version 2.1-1
That -2 and -1 thing is a packaging thing, so its possible that your distro is
applying patches. The backend depends on how gnutls was built - I don't think
you can change it at runtime.

> Actually, nettle is linked to gnutls, so I think gnutls is using nettle,
Really? Can you show what
ldd /usr/lib/libnettle.so
(or whatever nettle library path) outputs?

> through the program I'm using looks to be using libgcrypt (because it's
> linked to libgcrypt), but the help forums of that program seems to say
> they're using the crypto of gnutls. Quite complicated situation >.>
> (That program is aria2).
Perhaps you need to ask aria2 developers.

> Do you know how I can know which crypto backend gnutls is using ?
What does ldd on the gnutls libraries show?

Brad