help-gnutls

Generating a certificate with multiple common names

From: Moritz Wilhelmy
Subject: Generating a certificate with multiple common names
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:56:16 +0200

Hello,

it isn't all too obvious to me from the documentation how to generate a
certificate with more than one CN with certtool(1), and what the
template file syntax for this looks like.

Maybe I'm not looking around enough, but just by quickly looking over
this list's archive I didn't find anything either.

The story behind this is that we have two second-level domains, and
want our certificates to be valid for both of them.

Is this possible at all? At least openssl seems to support it, but I
would prefer knowing how to do it with certtool.

Best regards,

Moritz Wilhelmy