help-gnutls

Re: How to use Java and GnuTLS

From: Peter Penzov
Subject: Re: How to use Java and GnuTLS
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:54:22 +0200

Ok, thank you!
  As far as I see JSSE can support the most basic security implementations - TLS 1.0. Is this means that I cannot implement a server in C which can communicate with java clients using advanced encryption methods like OpenPGP, PSK
   authentication, TLS-SRP, x509?

Can you share some information what are the options?

Best wishes
Peter

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02/26/2012 10:02 PM, Peter Penzov wrote:

> Hi,
>   I want to create encrypted communication between Java server and C
> client. I want to use GnuTLS for cryptographic library. Is it possible to
> use GnuTLS and Java. What are the options? And I know that Java has
> internal support for encrypting the network traffic using SSL. Is it
> possible to create to create Java server which uses internal cryptographic
> libraries and C client which uses GnuTLS?

It is. They both use the same protocol and are compatible.

regards,
Nikos