help-gnutls

Re: Load pkcs12 file using gnutls

From: Alfredo Esteban
Subject: Re: Load pkcs12 file using gnutls
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 17:06:25 +0200

Thank for your help.

The problem is that certtool expects a file in base64 format
(p12_import function code and messages are clear):

> certtool --p12-info cert.p12
certtool: p12_import: Base64 unexpected header error.

Simple conversion doesn't work either:

> cat cert.p12 | base64 | certtool --p12-info
certtool: p12_import: Base64 unexpected header error.

This is not the case when exporting a certificate from a browser
(Firefox for example) because I think PKCS#12 is a binary format so I
don't know how to use certtool.

Regards,
Alfredo