help-gnuzilla

Success report (was Re: bug#39766: Security-Problems, probably known)

From: Arne Wichmann
Subject: Success report (was Re: bug#39766: Security-Problems, probably known)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 21:11:42 +0100

Good day!

begin  quotation  from Antonio Trande (in <address@hidden>):
> These issues have been fixed with Firefox ESR 68.4.1; current IceCat
> release on 68 branch is the 68.6.0. So, what's the problem?

So, first a success report - I was able to compile Icecat using the version
from the 68 branch. And it seems to work.

Second: what are the reasons why this is not yet merged back into master
and released? Can I possibly help with that?

cu

AW
--
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support