help-gnuzilla

Re: Strange change in Icecat.

From: silver
Subject: Re: Strange change in Icecat.
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:25:20 +0000

I also tried running 'vlc' and 'mpv' within 'torify', which attempts to
use LD_PRELOAD to transparently reroute the network traffic of an
arbitrary program through Tor.  Although I was able to successfully run
'wget' through 'torify' to fetch the skeptoid.com URL, both 'vlc' and
'mpv' didn't appear to make any progress fetching any data.

running `$ torify mpv https://skeptoid.com/audio/skeptoid-4812.mp3` plays
the audio successfully, could it be because i have youtube-dl installed?

--
silver