help-gnuzilla

makeicecat fails for a miscalculation of the version of rename

From: chippy
Subject: makeicecat fails for a miscalculation of the version of rename
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 12:17:47 +0100

Hi, I tried to build Icecat with the latest changes on makeicecat and I
noticed that the script wrongly fails at line 148.

It's about the check of the version of perl-rename. It tries to match
higher major version and a higher minor version, which will fail when
going from say 1.9 to 2.0.

Major version number indeed is higher than the previous but the minor
version number is not. Hence it needs a slightly more articulate
evaluation of the version number.

In my case (debian testing), for the time being I'm commenting out the
check for the minor version, as i know for sure i have version 2.0
installed, which satisfies the requirements.

If everyone is busy, I can spend some time on this, as I really care
for Icecat.

Thanks.
Chppy