help-gplusplus

Re: hashtable.h with gcc 3.3.2

From: BobR
Subject: Re: hashtable.h with gcc 3.3.2
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:10:31 GMT

Christian Christmann wrote in message
<4257ee70$0$11467$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net>...
>Hi,
>
>I've a program which I can compile with gcc 2.95.3 without any
>problems. Compiling it with gcc 3.3.2 the compiler complains about
>"#include <hashtable.h>". I tried to replace it by #include <hashtable>"
>but than I get the error message "hashtable: No such file or directory".
>Are there any new headers substituting hashtable.h?
>
>n the directory
>.../gcc/3.3.2/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.2/include/c++/ext
>I found the files:  hash_map, hash_set, stl_hash_fun.h and
>stl_hashtable.h.
>Is maybe one of these files the correct one I have to include?
>
>Thank you.
>Chris

Chris,

'hashtable.h' is deprecated (since GCC 3.3.1 at least).

Since it's deprecated, you'd be better off re-working your program to
use something else. It means 'hashtable.h' will be totally removed in the
future.
// ----------
In 'hashtable.h'  (both 2.95.3 and 3.3.1):
/* NOTE: This is an internal header file, included by other STL headers.
*   You should not attempt to use it directly.
*/
#include <ext/stl_hashtable.h>

When you have troubles like this, search your system for the file, then read
them (and the files they also include). You'll learn something! <G>

(what did  'hashtable' solve for you) and I'll bet they can find an solution
to your problem.
(one poster already offered some ideas).

--
Bob R
POVrookie