Re: in difference time, can automatic change the default boot item?

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: in difference time, can automatic change the default boot item?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:58:21 +0200

Bean escribió:
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 5:39 PM, wolfman.wu <address@hidden> wrote:

my computer have linux & xp, I want to set:

1.  daytime, the default boot item is   XP
2.  night,   the default boot item auto change to LINUX

the grub have this feature?

No, grub doesn't have this feature, but some time ago, i write a patch
for grub4dos that implement a similar feature.It add a new command
checktime to test the current daytime:

checktime * * * * *

The five parameters for checktime is the same as in crontab:minute,
hour, day, month and day of week. this command check if the current
daytime is within the range specified by the parameters, and return
true or false accordingly. Combined this with the script support for
grub2, you can perform some operation in a selected time range.

It's relative easy to port this to grub2, anyone interested ?

I am interested for adding it to Super Grub Disk, it might be a good feature to release a hard disk version of Super Grub Disk.

Can you please send me the patch to see if it is easy for me to add the code to SGD or not?

Thank you.

adrian15

--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. http://supergrub.forjamari.linex.org/?section=donate