Re: Booting Windows from a separate Hard drive

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: Booting Windows from a separate Hard drive
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 08:56:20 +0200

Stefan Misch escribió:
Hello,

I have a problem configuring Grub to Boot Windows XP Pro from another hard drive than what Grub is located on. The problem is that grub keeps booting the wrong windows installation that is on the same hard disc as grub.

 From what I understand the options

rootnoverify (hd1,0)
chainloader +1

should suffice to get XP booted but it doesn't work. I don't know why but it keeps booting the wrong hard disc (another win2k installation).

Your assumption is not right.

Please check:

http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wiki/Howto_Boot_Windows_From_A_Second_Hard_Disk

adrian15