Re: EFI boot on non Mac hardware.

From: Matthew Ratzke
Subject: Re: EFI boot on non Mac hardware.
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 09:09:10 -0600

Almost all motherboards are EFI but it is not enabled, you could verify if it is enabled by trying to install a retail copy of mac os x. Windows 7 has boot code for both efi and non efi boards this makes installing into os x boot camp easier. You may also be able to speak with your manufacturer to see if there is a jumper on the motherboard that can enable efi. Installing os x might not work as the os is now processor locked.

Matthew Ratzke