Re: select default from remote

From: Jordan Uggla
Subject: Re: select default from remote
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:09:32 -0700

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 6:58 AM, David Rioja Redondo
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  Hi all,
> I have a dual boot server with Windows and Linux. I usually manage this
> server from remote and I have a way to change OS editing the default option
> in menu.lst when I'm in Linux, but from windows I can't edit this file.
>
> Is there a way to select which OS I want to load after the next reboot if I
> am on remote? A solution for saying to grub "boot windows but only next
> time" would be also ok.

The utility "grub-reboot" allows you to do this. To use grub-reboot
you must have GRUB_DEFAULT=saved set in /etc/default/grub and you'll
need to re-run grub-mkconfig after modifying /etc/default/grub
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Simple-configuration