IBM x3850 X5 server booting hangs at GRUB stage 2

From: Lee Eric
Subject: IBM x3850 X5 server booting hangs at GRUB stage 2
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:46:45 +0800

Hi all,

We have an IBM x3850 X5 server here and installed with RHEL 5.5 and
the boot loader is GRUB legacy 0.97-13.5. When system boots up it will
hang and an error message displayed "GRUB Loading stage2..."

So is there any method I can debug what part is going wrong? Frankly
speaking I cannot replace the boot loader with GRUB2 or any other boot
loader. And furthermore, I also tried other OS like Fedora 12/13/14
and RHEL 5.5/6 but still get the same situations. I widely guess that
may be a system firmware/BIOS defact but not sure. I also updated the
system fw/BIOS with the latest version.

So could anyone show me some tips or idea?

Thanks.

Eric