Re: grub.cfg errors and debugging

From: Goh Lip
Subject: Re: grub.cfg errors and debugging
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:28:06 +0800

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:33:12 +0800, Mads Kiilerich <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi

I'm experimenting with grub-1.99 and could use some hints to get self-supporting.

I see error messages when I try to boot a kernel, but is there any way to see what caused the error? Something like sh -x? Just getting "error: no argument specified" is not very helpful when there are several lines where I could have made an error.

It also seems like the "echo" command that I have seen in some examples doesn't work. Has something changed in this area?

Change "--set" to "--set=root" may help.

As to finding where the error is, you have a point and I agree with you; hope others here can help.

Regards - Goh Lip