problem with cloning linux sys partition

From: Pawel Karpowicz
Subject: problem with cloning linux sys partition
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:47:34 +0100

Hallo Group Members.
I want to clone my ubuntu 11.04 system from usb hard drive into hard
drive (/dev/sda6).

what I did:
0) boot into 11.04 which resides on my usb drive
1) mount /dev/sda6 /mnt/newSys # sda6 is expected to keep sys copy at hardrive
2) cp -xdpR / /mnt/newSys
3) mount --bind /sys /mnt/newSys/sys
4) mount --bind /proc /mnt/newSys/proc
5) mount --bind /proc /mnt/newSys/dev
7) chroot /mnt/newSys
8) update-initramfs -u -k all # no problems reported
9) grub-install /dev/sda # no problem reported

then I restarted machine and boot from hard drive - choose cloned sys to boot
but it boots into (initramfs) and I do not know where is the problem?
Is the procedure above incorrect?
/dev/sda6 is an extended partition. is it the problem?

please help

best regards