RE: How to chainload Grub2 from grub using Debian?

From: jackie sparks
Subject: RE: How to chainload Grub2 from grub using Debian?
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 20:21:14 -0500

dist-upgraded - sounds more or less like it didn't install the new grub and grub config at all. You might try loading the system in rescue mode and doing the install the packages manually.

I think the chain loading might have been referring to noticing the NTFS partition and wanting to know if you wanted to include "chain loading" to windows.

These are all assumptions I an in no way a expert. Sounds interesting though. I'd like to read the solution.

Does the location of the grub.cfg and grub files change from being stored in the /boot/grub directory between grub and grub 1.99?