Re: How Do I Install Grub 2.00~beta0 To A Flash Drive And Have The Root

From: Jake Thomas
Subject: Re: How Do I Install Grub 2.00~beta0 To A Flash Drive And Have The Root And Prefix Correct Upon Boot?
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:11:08 -0700 (PDT)

I would have liked to respond earlier, but got swamped with homework.

Thank you again, Jordan. You were right. Here's the sneaky thing: Nautilus said my partition was mounted
at /media/SPAACE . Meaning, up at the top, there was a root button, a "media" button, and a "SPAACE" button.
Also in the left pane was a "SPAACE" drive.

Reality: it was mounted at /media/SPAACE_ . See that underscore at the end? Cuz I didn't.
However, when I opened a Nautilus up as root, it _did_ say it was at /media/SPAACE_ (with the underscore)
both in the buttons on top and in the left panel.

Just goes to show you should always consult the mount command in terminal, which I did, but my eyes just
blew right over that underscore. It's funny because the partition is named "SPAACE" without the underscore.
Something somewhere decided to append an underscore whilst Nautilus decided to keep me in the dark about
it.

That solved that mystery. There are still others. But one less.

Jake