Re: parameters from grub2 to kernel

From: Jordan Uggla
Subject: Re: parameters from grub2 to kernel
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:04:37 -0700

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Tang, Lingda <address@hidden> wrote:
> How does the kernel get the parameters passed to by grub2? Specifically the
> rsdp & acpi tables.  And where can I find the snippets in the grub2 source
> code?  Thanks for help

As I understand it (I may be wrong) these tables are created by the
firmware and grub normally doesn't touch them. There is an "acpi"
command in grub,
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/acpi.html , which
can replace the ACPI tables but it's not normally used. Why do you
ask?

--
Jordan Uggla (Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net)