Re: dual grub install?

From: John Page
Subject: Re: dual grub install?
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 20:49:12 +0200

I have also seen grub menus incorporating two boot entries for Win7 and I have an inkling why.

Win 7 has two partitions, one small partition which is supposed to contain the kernel as far as I can tell, it is invisible and probably read-only from within windows, and a big one that is the C drive. Both can be chainloaded, I have tried, and Win7 boots in apparently the same fashion in both cases.

Grub seems to pick both up.

Hope this is helpful.
John