Re: More Direct Windows Booting?

From: Jake Thomas
Subject: Re: More Direct Windows Booting?
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:52:00 -0700

The other day I chainloaded /bootmgr with Grub4DOS, which I loaded from Grub
2.00~beta6 (linux /grub.exe, no initrd).

That works. But Grub4DOS is GPT-unaware. Haven't tried burg4dos yet (is
GPT-aware), which is intended to be installed from Windows. I'm wondering if I
can open the burg4DOS installer as an archive in Linux and pop out a binary I
can load with Grub2 to get booted into Burg4DOS.

But that grub4dos trick is definitely handy if you want the "quick fix" I
mentioned earlier.

Haven't tried booting DOS with grub4dos yet, that would be interesting.

Cheers,
Jake

Sent from my iPhone