Re: Grub2 with two EFI disks (Windows 7 + OpenSuSe)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Grub2 with two EFI disks (Windows 7 + OpenSuSe)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 22:15:38 +0200

2012/8/12 "Mgr. Šimon Tóth" <address@hidden>
I just installed my first machine with EFI and because previously the best solution was to install Windows to a dedicated disk a did just that. But I have no idea how to boot the second disk now from Grub2.

The only howtos I found actually just use a single EFI partition, but I have two partitions (one on each disk). I can boot from the BIOS boot menu to both Linux and Windows.

I tried some different configurations, but the original simple configuration doesn't work:

menuentry "Windows 7" {
        insmod chain
        set root=(hd1)
        chainloader +1
}

I get invalid EFI path error.

So what is the correct configuration for this use case?

--
Mgr. Simon Toth

Hello
You can mark yourself as affected by this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/1024383