re Rescue Mode

From: Tech Support Department
Subject: re Rescue Mode
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:45:53 -0400

Friends,
A special Thank You to yannubuntu for the excellent work in obtaining a boot repair report at http://paste.ubuntu.com/1219427/.

Unfortunately, the only remaining solution is to figure a way to mount the LVM partitions and copy off any data to save.  Don't know how to do that.

But I did want everyone to know that GRUB2 cannot be recovered in certain situations, which is too bad.  I would like to know if this is an OS-dependent operation or if GRUB should be able to be fixed in any situation.

Thanks all.

KitchM