cannot anymore boot into ubuntu

From: Averlon
Subject: cannot anymore boot into ubuntu
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:36:16 +0200

Hi,

I have a configuration with two HDDs.
First HDD = encrypted Windows (Truecrypt)
Second HDD = encrypted Ubuntu + encrypted NTFS partition

It worked to boot into ubuntu by selecting the second hdd in the bios boot-menue. To boot into ubuntu via the Truecrypt boot-menue does not work - but I don't care at the moment.

After some system upgrade (apt-get update && apt-get upgrade) I answered a question regarding grub the wrong way and now I am not anymore able to boot into ubuntu.

With supergrub-disk I am able to start ubuntu. But I cannot get grub2 installed on the mbr of the second hdd.

Configuration:
lsblk
NAME                           MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE  MOUNTPOINT
sda                              8:0    0  29,8G  0 disk
├─sda1                           8:1    0   100M  0 part
└─sda2                           8:2    0  29,7G  0 part
sdb                              8:16   0 465,8G  0 disk
├─sdb1                           8:17   0     2M  0 part
├─sdb2                           8:18   0   200M  0 part  /boot
├─sdb3                           8:19   0 152,4G  0 part
│ └─sdb3_crypt (dm-0)          252:0    0 152,4G  0 crypt
│   ├─lvm_crypt-swap_nb (dm-1) 252:1    0   4,9G  0 lvm   [SWAP]
│   └─lvm_crypt-root_nb (dm-2) 252:2    0 147,5G  0 lvm   /
└─sdb4                           8:20   0 313,2G  0 part

grub-setup /dev/sdb
grub-setup: Warnung: This GPT partition label has no BIOS Boot Partition; embedding won't be possible!.
grub-setup: Warnung: Einbettung ist nicht möglich. GRUB kann in dieser Konfiguration nur mittels Blocklisten installiert werden. Blocklisten sind allerdings UNZUVERLÄSSIG und deren Verwendung wird daher nicht empfohlen..
grub-setup: Fehler: mit Blocklisten wird nicht fortgesetzt.

I neither can identify the message I get nor find a solution for that.

To recall: After basic installation of the whole environment it worked. But you might imagine to delete the second hdd and start from scratch is not the very best solution for me.

I would appreciate any help.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards

Karl-Heinz Fischbach

Guiding
            Principle

Tel.: +49 (8121) 7922532

Skype: khfischbach
jabber: address@hidden
Blog: averlon.posterous.com

Signatur:
Diese e-mail ist unter Umständen signiert. Die Signatur entspricht dem Deutschen Signaturgesetz und entsprechenden europäischen Regelungen.
Important Note:
This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal.