Re: Help-grub Digest, Vol 57, Issue 18

From: Petro
Subject: Re: Help-grub Digest, Vol 57, Issue 18
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 06:37:49 +0930

On 31/10/12 1:30 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Hi :)
It sounds like you are trying to use a usb-stick to boot-up a VM??? I didn't
think this was even possible?!?

No, I'm using a VM to write the USB stick.

I'm attempting to use Grub to boot the Scientific Linux (RHEL clone) ISO.

I thought VirtualBox didn't like letting people use usb-sticks until you pay for the
"professional" version (or whatever they call it)?? Also i wouldn't have
thought that VM drives get mounted until after the OS they are in has been booted into??
I'm using VMware Fusion on a Mac.

Virtual Box is nice, but my one "must have" use case is a Windows 98 VM.

To play Civilization 2.

Yes, I'm sad.

Thanks,
Petro.