GRUB2 MYway ;/

From: Richard Owlett
Subject: GRUB2 MYway ;/
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 15:33:49 -0600

The GRUB team made many reasonable design decisions.
Though they match vast MAJORITY of users, their choices annoy me every time I boot ;<

What would fit best with my habits is that the precedence of OS to boot would be "first installed -> first boot choice" *NOT* "last installed -> first boot choice".

A useful alternative would to replace replace distro id derived menu entry with image of label of partition on which it resides. My situation , I frequently make multiple installs to he same nominal distro but with SIGNIFICANTLY different parameters.

I've sen instructions to manually tweak things on a fully manual basis.
Is there a tool to automate the process?

TIA