Re: UEFI GRUB boot menu disappears after booting into Windows 8

From: Joan Jerez
Subject: Re: UEFI GRUB boot menu disappears after booting into Windows 8
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 00:38:39 +0100

Hello again,

GRUB appears, shows you what, before disappearing and booting Windows? Can you
interrupt this by pressing ESC or SHIFT (some versions apparently stop on GRUB
with shift, others esc).
Don't know what is happening but laptop boot directly to Windows (only appears manufacturer splash screen and then manufacturer splash screen loading Windows), bypassing GRUB, (I don't know how can do it if there's no more bootloaders installed and MS's is removed). It seems that GRUB doesn't intervene. I tried pressing n times Esc and in another boot Shift, and don't happens anything.

When works correctly, appears manufacturer splash screen, GRUB, if you select Ubuntu (black screen until loads) and Windows (manufacturer splash screen loading Windows).

I done workaround again to view GRUB. set command:

locale-dir=(hd0,gpt7)/boot/grub/locale
prefix=(hd0,gpt7)/boot/grub/
root=hd0,gpt7
(this variable doesn't appears) saved_entry=
secondary_locale_dir=

Al 13/01/13 23:13, En/na Chris Murphy ha escrit: