Re: grub2, PXE boot, and freebsd 9.1

From: Jordan Uggla
Subject: Re: grub2, PXE boot, and freebsd 9.1
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:06:29 -0700

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Richard A. Sitze <address@hidden> wrote:

> Anyway, all that leads me to my current (possibly overkill) usage:
> * grub-mkimage --format=i386-pc-pxe --output=grub.pxe --prefix='/grub' boot
> priority_queue datetime bufio net tftp pxe
>
> and I do get further.  Thank you.
>
> Alas, not all is well.  I now get "error:  timeout reading
> '/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod'".
>
> Sigh.

The timeout is due to http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36755 , fixed in
bzr trunk in revision 4548. This problem needs to be better
documented, a point release of grub 2.00 made with this (and probably
other) fixes, or both. Also, it's easier and more dependable to use
grub-mknetdir rather than using grub-mkimage directly.

--
Jordan Uggla (Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net)