Re: debugging grub.cfg

From: Jordan Uggla
Subject: Re: debugging grub.cfg
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 08:12:33 +0000

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM, David H. Durgee <address@hidden> wrote:
> Per Jordan's request I have attached my grub.cfg to this post.  I ran
> grub-script-check and received no errors, so I am a bit confused here. Let
> me know if you need more information to help me diagnose this.

That grub.cfg is clearly for Linux Mint 13, which uses grub 1.99 final
(not the much older 1.97 beta4 currently installed to your MBR and
/boot/grub/). If you actually installed grub 1.99 using grub-install
then it would parse the grub.cfg without any syntax errors (as
evidenced by grub-script-check reporting no errors), so that (and
properly configuring Mint's packages to run grub-install correctly on
future upgrades) seems like the only real solution. Why are you
hesitant to run grub-install?

--
Jordan Uggla (Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net)