GRUB2 & Booting from ISO on LVM

From: Jorge Fábregas
Subject: GRUB2 & Booting from ISO on LVM
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 06:55:03 -0400

Hi everyone,

Fedora 20 here.  I'm using GRUB2 to boot an ISO stored on one of my
ext4 partitions. This works perfectly fine.  However, I can't make it work
from an ext4 over LVM.  GRUB2 boots the ISO but something is wrong
with the "findiso" kernel parameter.  When the CD boots I get a bunch of:

modprobe: module LVM2_member not found in modules.dep
modprobe: module swap not found in modules.dep

Here's my configuration:

http://fpaste.org/71588/

The first menuentry is the one that works followed by the LVM one where
I even tried "findiso=$isofile" but didn't work.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jorge