error: embedding is not possible, but this is required for RAID and LVM

From: bl0
Subject: error: embedding is not possible, but this is required for RAID and LVM install.
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 16:49:54 +0200

Hello,
I try to install grub2 v2.00 to my hard disk. It fails with these messages:

> warning: your embedding area is unusually small.  core.img won't fit in it..

My first partition starts at sector 63. Is this unusual?

> error: embedding is not possible, but this is required for RAID and LVM
> install.

So, embedding is required but not possible. From this, it's clear to me that
it is not possible to use grub2 on my system configuration? Should I start
looking for another bootloader?

--
bl0