Re: Grub Legacy, where can I get a copy of 0.97?

From: Stella Gallardo
Subject: Re: Grub Legacy, where can I get a copy of 0.97?
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:48:16 +0200

You'll find it in this link:

https://packages.debian.org/squeeze/grub-legacy

Regards.

Hi
I was wondering, where can I get the grub legacy binary package? (0.97)

I would like to use the legacy version so that I can write my own operating system, but I can only get source code, but not the executables. (It doesn't help that I am getting "configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables" error from my GCC) I need to have a bootloader so I can play around with writing kernels while I learn C and assembly languages. (Yes, I know bad Idea, but I still want to try).

The executables I am after in particular are the "stage1" and the "stage2" binaries.

Thanks in advance