Memory-mapped UART terminal

From: Andrew Wygle
Subject: Memory-mapped UART terminal
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 20:27:36 +0000

Hello the list,

I am bringing up a newer board which does not have its COM ports in the usual
I/O ports. As far as I can tell, they are solely memory mapped. I am trying to
get GRUB2's serial terminal functionality working with these UARTs, but the
--unit flag appears to only look in the 4 standard I/O ports, while the --port
flag does not appear to accept a memory address.

Is what I want to do possible? If so, how can it be done?

Thank you,

~Andrew Wygle