Re: IDE Project

From: SevenBits
Subject: Re: IDE Project
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 07:58:04 -0500

On Monday, November 17, 2014, Michael Heng <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I want to know what a IDE do you all use? I just have download the grub 2 project. Can you advise me how to setting up eclipse to import as a project, how can I debug it?

GRUB is developed in the traditional UNIX style, using autoconf and make. I don't believe there is an official process to debug GRUB from an IDE, and if there were, it would not be simple to set up or supported. A project maintainer could say more, though; I may be wrong.

I use gedit and vim as my preferred editors.

Kindly regards

Michael