Re: Tool to test/preview Grub2 themes?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Tool to test/preview Grub2 themes?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:35:54 +0300

В Tue, 17 Feb 2015 01:20:15 +0100
Sebastian Pipping <address@hidden> пишет:

> Hello Andrei,
>

> On 16.02.2015 18:39, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> >> While grub-mkrescue does have a --themes=THEMES parameter, I need
> >> support for copying files in from an arbitrary folder, including a grub
> >> config file.  I don't see support for that.
> >
> > grub-mkrescue ... /boot/grub/grub.cfg=/tmp/tmp.abcdef
>
> awesome!
>
> Using that approach I was able to fully resolve use of sudo.
> Please give it another shot.

Yes, looks fine. I'd use -cdrom and -boot d to force CD boot, it has
more chances to boot.

> > It supports standard graft syntax and you can pass arbitrary xorriso
> > options as well.
>
> Since I have not heard that before: what is "graft syntax"?
> Google does not seem to help on that one.

From genisoimage manual

       If the option -graft-points has been specified, it is possible to graft
       the  paths  at points other than the root directory, and it is possible
       to graft files or directories onto the cdrom image with names different
       than  what  they  have  in  the  source filesystem.  This is easiest to
       illustrate with a couple of examples.  Let's start by assuming  that  a
       local  file  ../old.lis exists, and you wish to include it in the cdrom
       image.

              foo/bar/=../old.lis