PXE+EFI: Show progress during loading kernel and initrd

From: WangMike
Subject: PXE+EFI: Show progress during loading kernel and initrd
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 02:28:10 +0000

Dear all,

I am using grubx64.efi (got it centos iso) to boot linux via PXE. Everything
works fine. Just a little piece is not good enough, that is, during loading
kernel and initrd, it just show a black screen. No anything printed on screen
to indicate that it's loading files. This black screen may take 30 seconds as
it try to load kernel/initrd files by using several alternative paths.

If I set "debug=all" in grub.conf, it will show a lot of debug message, but
still not show any progress information.

I had used pxe boot of syslinux. It can print a line of dot during loading
kernel/initrd. That's a good idea to represent loading progress.

Have I missed anything that can help me get similar function in grub pxe boot?

Regards
Mike