Re: About multi-boot with OpenBSD, OpenIndiana and GNU/Linux. Grub don't

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: About multi-boot with OpenBSD, OpenIndiana and GNU/Linux. Grub don't detect OpenBSD and OpenIndiana.
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 06:48:37 +0300

18.05.2016 21:00, address@hidden пишет:
> On 2016-05-18 01:06, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>>
>> Please explain what this means. What you expect to see (and when) and
>> what you actually see.
>
>   Like I said: The GRUB doesn't recognize the others systems (OpenBSD

GRUB does not recognize anything; it does what is written in its
configuration file.

> and OpenIndiana), only Trisquel GNU/Linux. GRUB is a starting assistant,
> and by defect must show the multi-boot possibility (if there is multiple
> system installed, like in my case). That's the propose of my title:
> "About multi-boot with OpenBSD, OpenIndiana and GNU/Linux. Grub don't
> detect OpenBSD and OpenIndiana".
>
>    When the GRUB starts (like every GRUB in the world), must show the
> systems installed in the disk (like every GRUB in the world). Well, the
> GRUB doesn't show OpenIndiana and OpenBSD, ONLY TRISQUEL GNU/LINUX.

As I said, something must create configuration file that has reference
to these operating systems. Often this is done by running external
program os-prober that returns list of other operating systems; then
grub-mkconfig is using this list to build menu entries.

So the first question would be - what are you using to configure GRUB
(do you create grub.cfg manually? Do you use grub-mkconfig? Or some
other proram?).

> That's why I write to the "Help-grub mailing list".
>
>    If anybody knows how to solve this problem, please help me.

You can always create necessary configuration file manually. How to boot
other operating systems depends on how they are booted. Do you use EFI
or legacy BIOS boot?