'device ...' line in grub.cfg

From: Clayton Spicer
Subject: 'device ...' line in grub.cfg
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 15:01:52 +0200

Hello everyone,
I'm looking into a high priority issue we have and trying to find out
what the 'device ....' line does in grub.cfg.

For example:
device (hd0) HD(1,123,123abc,01234567-89abcdef-01234567-89abcdef)

In addition to HD, there also seems to be CD, Vendor, File,
UnknownMedia, UnknownBIOS, which each take different parameters. I'm
trying to find out exactly what this line actually does, what
parameters it takes, and so on - any information anyone might have
would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Clayton